Monday, July 11, 2005

“Speaking of speeding chases, you should tell them about the time you drove illegally when you were like 12 because Ben ran away and we were trying to catch him.” (Okay, my brother Ben ran away when I was like 12. He was being stupid. And he was into all this Vampire stuff and this Anne Rice stuff. It was just one of those weird phases. Well, he had run away and we hadn’t seen him for like almost a week when all of the sudden me and my mom were coming back from the store one night and we saw him walking with his friend Sid. So she called his name and tried to get him to come, but he wouldn’t, so she chased him too. I know, I know...you guys are probably gonna think my mom’s crazy, but she’s not, just creative and protective. She loves us a lot. Anyways, my brother went into this canal thingy so my mom couldn’t take the car, so she told me, “follow me in the car.” You could see the canal, but it wasn’t wide enough to drive down. So I’m sitting there in the car with my eyes wide, part of me thrilled cause I’m gonna get to drive, and the other part of me totally horrified. But mama said drive, so I better get my butt moving. So, I put the car in Drive and went about half a block. Then my mom came out and it was over. I ended up getting out and chasing my brother down and telling him to come home. But he wouldn’t listen to me either. He came home about a day or so later when the cops brought him. Mama wasn’t too happy so she took his room which he had previously painted black, and painted it sky blue with white sponge work. Pretty. It was the first time I’ve ever seen my mother wear pants. Kind of weird.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Youngs said...

Your mom is like Jesus, everything she said gets printed in red :)

7/11/2005 4:32 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

HA HA!!! I know.....

7/11/2005 5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home