Thursday, March 24, 2005

Boredom.....

Boredom sucks.
I leave for my lunch break, not knowing in which direction to go. I turned right. Later, I decided I probably should have gone the other way, so I found myself making an illegal u-turn to go the way I had intended. So I'm driving along, listening to my stomach to see what I am hungry for. A burrito sounds nice at first, but then I remember that I just had a burrito yesterday. Then I thought Chinese sounded like a good substitute. No....too expensive. What to do? What to do? I kept driving west along Shaw Avenue. I saw Del Taco and decided that would be best. Not quite a burrito, and definitely not Chinese, but it would do. So, I went through the drive though and purchased a number four with a cherry coke and extra secret sauce. I did not upgrade to medium or large. I was not that hungry today.
So, I parked close to Walmart, contemplated going in, but decided to hop out and eat my lunch on the little grassy nole next to my car. So I sat there, ate my lunch, grabbed my guitar which was safely in the passenger seat and began to play. My hands began to hurt. So, I proceeded to return to my car. I left the parking lot, a little aggravated due to the traffic and construction in the area. I saw Big Lots. I stopped, went inside and went directly to the make-up department. I didn't buy much. Just an Almay eyeshadow/mascara set and a pair of sunglasses.
Then I left, drove back to work and played my guitar for a while in the parking lot.
Boredom.....ain't it great?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home